Monclova Area Parents
This link is to introduce you to MAPS
and to inform you about some of the things that MAPS does for your student, the school,
teachers and families of Monclova Elementary. Click a tab below to get started.
Monclova Area Parents (MAPS)
- What is MAPS?
- Officers 2014/2015
- Meeting Dates 2014/2015
- Calendar of Events
- Large Purchases
- Getting Involved
- Special Events
Monclova Area Parents (MAPS) is a great way for you to get involved with your child’s school! MAPS is responsible for the fundraising needed to pay for various student field trips and assemblies and to purchase extra items for the teachers, staff and school. MAPS also coordinates various events during the year for children and their families. In order to provide all of these activities we need LOTS of volunteers!
President – Tiffany Tully - 419 902-4003
Vice-President – Cori Ferrington - 419-350-3575
Treasurer –Amber Baughman - 419-481-3447
Secretary– Lisa Wilford - 419-868-9148
The monthly meetings are held in the community room of the school.
Babysitting is provided.
September 9 – 11:00 AM Luncheon
*This meeting is held at the historic community center next door to the school.
Babysitting is provided.
October 14 – 7:00 PM
November 11 – 7:00 PM
December - No Meeting
January - No Meeting
February 10 – 7:00 PM
March - No Meeting
April 14 (Elections) – 7:00 PM
May 12 – 6:30 PM Dinner out
We hope you will join us and get involved with MAPS!
Kindergarten Coffee - 9/4/14
Movie Night: 9/214, 11/7/14, 1/30/15, 2/27/15 & 4/10/15
Fall Book Fair - 10/13/14 - 10/17/14 & 4/22/15 - 4/24/15
- Donuts for Dads - 10/15/14 & 10/16/14
Heros Night 12/9/14, 2/15/15
Barnes & Noble Night 12/2/14
Secret Santa - 12/10/14 & 12/11/14
Father/Daughter Dance - 2/20/15
Spring Book Fair - 4/23/15 - 4/25/15
Muffin for Moms - 4/22/15 & 4/23/15
Family Fun Night - 5/1/15
Last Day Blast - 6/1/15
In addition to the annual spending done by MAPS, we further support the school to buy items that are only needed periodically. Examples of items that MAPS has purchased for the school this past year are as follows:
Student field trips
Tables for special events
IPAD cart and class set of IPADS
Volunteers ALWAYS Needed!
In order to provide all of these activities and also for financial support to the school, it takes lots of volunteers! We need help with both the events and the various fundraisers we hold throughout the year.
MAPS Special Events
The MAPS volunteers coordinate and sponsor many wonderful events and activities for the children and their families. Examples of these include:
- Secret Santa - all the children get to shop for their family at school. All items are only $1.00.
- Muffins for Moms - students and moms/significant females come to school and have breakfast with them.
- Donuts for Dads - students and dads/significant males come to school and have breakfast with them.
- Family Fun Night - the entire family can come and enjoy a fun evening that includes a magic show, clowns, carnival games, moon walks, ice cream and more...at no cost!
- Last Day Blast - on the last day of school the kids get to visit stations with games, activities, crafts, etc.
- Movie Night - one Friday night from October through March students come in their pajamas and bring sleeping bags and watch a movie in the community room.
- Imagination Station - each year a new program is presented with an assembly and hands on activities.
- Mother/Son & Father/Daughter Events
- Fall & Spring Book Fairs
Back to School Bake Sale
So please get involved . . . come to a meeting . . . and learn more! Call an officer and
inquire – we are happy to answer any questions you may have. Please join us! We want your input!
It is a great opportunity for you to meet other parents and
help your children’s school.